CS DISCO is fundamentally disrupting the legal technology market. Our engineering team is extraordinary, averaging 13 years’ experience with deep competencies in Big Data Platforms and Artificial Intelligence. With the best lawyers and engineers as a foundation, CS DISCO hires the top 1% of product designers and product managers to deliver the most compelling UX in the history of legal technology. DISCO is known for its simplicity and usability, and we intend to continue to invest heavily in design and product management to continue this differentiation. Simplicity isn’t simple, but it is a top priority at CS DISCO.
We take technology, design and product very seriously at DISCO. We ONLY hire “good humans” that have extraordinary IQ, passion and the discipline to “finish”. As we are passionate about what we do, we are naturally stimulated and thoroughly enjoy the ride each and every day.
Our Technology Stack:
- Web App – Front End (React, Redux)
- Web App – Back End (Python, Flask)
- Database Architecture: Aurora, Redshift, Dynamo and multiple large-scale Elastic Search Clusters
- Compute Fabrics: Lambda, Auto-Scale ECR, Algorithmia (Lambda with GPUs).
- AI: Word2Vec, Convolutional Neural Nets
- Deployment: Docker/ECS
- Management: Data Dog, New Relic, Sentry.io
- Behavior Management: Pendo, Full Story
- 15+ loosely coupled, fully encapsulated subsystems with more on the way
- Research, plan, design, write, edit, and produce internal and service documentation (instructions for use, best practices, installation instructions, service playbooks, release notes, etc.) in accordance with applicable quality procedures.
- Create a scalable and reliable system for documentation.
- Collect complete and accurate information by using the product directly, interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs), and/or reading engineering specifications.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to document feature rollouts, processes, and procedures.
- Manage multiple documentation projects in parallel and work with various stakeholders, including Engineering, Product Management, Product Support, Quality & Regulatory, Marketing, and Training personnel.
- Improve tier-3 support process and intelligently prioritize issues for highest impact.
- Manage documentation of DISCO application, data, and infrastructure technical troubleshooting processes.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints by negotiating deadlines and deliverable within each project.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of technical writing or documentation management experience, especially in SaaS, B2B software
- Have a passion for meticulous documentation that is a source of truth
- Are flexible and comfortable juggling a variety of responsibilities
- Can translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Be able to quickly learn and master technical processes and applications
- Have a desire to find risks, inefficiencies, and things that just don’t make sense
You might work on:
- Confluence space management and feature documentation
- Managing documentation throughout product life cycles by coordinating with feature teams
- Defining requirements for documentation procedures
- Collaborating on and maintaining roadmaps
- Assisting support, tech success, project management, and training teams in finding and generating content
Send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your information via the form on our career page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.