In this newly created role as Senior FP&A Analyst, you will play a leading role in the development of Disco’s Forecasting and overall P&L outlook. This is a highly visible and exciting role, rich in analytics and playing a critical role to support strategic decision making. This will involve collaborating with key stakeholders from across the organization. Furthermore, the role offers the opportunity to obtain a 'big picture' view of the Company's performance while at the same time improving processes to drive forecast efficiencies and accuracy.
This position will also support other critical Finance deliverables including deep-dive analytics and assist in the preparation of materials for monthly and quarterly board meetings. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to perform the duties listed below and to help drive DISCO’s successful growth.
As the leading provider of SaaS developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than 400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
- Develop financial models and performance measures that support executives regarding financial decisions. Drive the annual budgeting and monthly forecast processes across the organization.
- Partner effectively with various functional teams to update financial forecasts throughout the year.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly results comparing actuals to budget / forecast and provide other supporting analysis of results as needed. Proactively support the leadership of the company with their understanding of the financial results. Prepare presentations and supporting documentation for budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with stakeholders to provide financial analysis, business modeling, and other decision support.
- Report on the company’s performance using KPIs and dashboards; prepare summary commentary of findings.
- Prepare or participate in a broad range of ad-hoc projects and analyses.
- Proactively support the leadership of the company with their understanding of the financial results. Prepare presentations and supporting documentation for budgets and forecasts.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; must be able to form positive relationships with business partners and peers.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality around corporate forecasts, product launches and other strategic initiatives.
- Support financing and strategic initiatives
- Perform assigned duties with the accounting monthly close process including accruals and allocations.
- 5+ years of FP&A experience at a technology company or equivalent experience in investment banking, research, or consulting. BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent field.
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus.
- Solid foundational knowledge in finance and GAAP accounting.
- Ability to efficiently build complex Excel models from scratch.
- Significant expertise and love for building auditable financial modeling and setting up automated processes to increase the effectiveness of the company models that minimize room for error.
- Ability to build working relationships with stakeholders and to be seen as a trusted advisor.
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal; reliable and responsive to email and phone communications. Excellent presentation, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently, proactively and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely curious - not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Disco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Disco will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.