Are you a wordsmith, passionate and energetic public relations professional? Are you able to cultivate strategic communication plans for various media platforms? Can you support the direction and vision for a developing brand for a next generation technology company?
DISCO is looking for a Public Relations Manager to help curate an ongoing communication with various media platforms. This person will be responsible for developing a plan for industry relations . You will work with DISCO’s VP of Marketing and Marketing team to bring ideas to the table and collaborate on the delivery of DISCO’s brand standards/marketing vision. Specifically, developing a consistent tone, vocabulary, and message across all external communications surrounding DISCO.
- Determine the plan for key communications assets – messaging, sales collateral, and white papers – and work with leaders in the company to create compelling content
- Handle reporter inquiries and secure presence in mainstream and niche media by developing relationships with reporters, pitching, and creating press releases
- Create a strong external presence through facilitating staff speaking at conferences, hosting events, etc.
- Ensure industry analyst are briefed on DISCO’s product, services, and solutions.
- Prospect and pitch stories to the business, legal, technology, trade and daily press
- Field and vet media inquiries for potential interviews with DISCO executives
- Draft press releases and external announcements
- Conduct a variety of research, including media outlets, reporters, editors, practice groups and industries, and peer law firms
- Prepare and distribute regular reports on media activities
- Ability to track progress and results in a way that works with the company’s data-driven culture
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (orally as well as in writing) with all levels of attorneys and staff
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content
- Curiosity about the legal technology and the ability to grasp the compelling elements of DISCO’s place against our competitors in the legal space.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-4 years journalism, PR agency or professional services experience
- Demonstrated ability to write effective press releases, pitches and media summaries
- At least 3 years of public relations and/or media relations experience including current press relationships;
- Experience prospecting for and pitching potential stories
- Prior experience working with various forms of media, including print, electronic and social media
- Knowledge of various media platforms in which attorneys can obtain visibility, including electronic media
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and concisely in writing and orally
- Excellent organization, project management and communication skills required
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your information via the form on our career page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.