DISCO project managers (“PM”) work side by side with clients to help them use the DISCO product for all of their ediscovery and investigation needs. From matter kick-off to case close out, you’re the one who helps customers get the most of our their DISCO solution.
- Serve as primary POC to manage customer data through the ediscovery lifecycle.
- Create review workflows and administer DISCO databases.
- Advanced knowledge of the DISCO platform and its capabilities so that you can advise clients on best practices for early data assessment, document review and production, trial and depo preparation. Act as DISCO ambassador with clients and at client functions.
- Develop rapport and open communication with clients regarding DISCO usage, status reporting and core product functionality.
- Deliver product training to attorneys and litigation support specialists.
- Provide feedback and feature requests to the product and engineering teams.
- 2+ years of project management experience at a law firm, in-house legal department or consulting firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on detail and responsiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple, fast moving projects at a given time.
- Familiarity with data collection and processing software.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills to help troubleshoot technical challenges.
- Knowledge of industry standard review and production tools including Relativity, Everlaw, Axcelerate, iConect, etc.
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and client-service orientation skills.
- Able to change work schedules to support global client engagements in various time zones.
Education & Experience