CS DISCO is fundamentally disrupting the legal technology market. Our engineering team is extraordinary, averaging 13 years’ experience with deep competencies in Big Data Platforms and AI. With the best lawyers and engineers as a foundation, CS DISCO hires the top 1% of technology professionals to deliver the most compelling software in the history of legal technology.
AI / ML is a core part of DISCO’s product strategy. Our DISCO AI tool performs automated document ranking at the Terabyte scale using Deep Learning in a Continuous Active Learning framework. Future offerings will incorporate the latest techniques in order to help legal professionals quickly find relevant material in large, heterogeneous corpora consisting of text, images, e-mails, spreadsheets, and more with a primary focus on deep learning technology.
The Machine Learning Scientist will engage with our existing AI team to keep our AI / ML offerings on the cutting edge. This is an applied research position including opportunities for patents and academic publications.
We take technology, design and product very seriously at DISCO. We ONLY hire “good humans” that have extraordinary IQ, passion and the discipline to “finish”. As we are passionate about what we do, we are naturally stimulated and thoroughly enjoy the ride each and every day.
- Work as a key member of our Data Science team to design and verify new architectures and deep learning approaches to solve legal problems.
- Maintain and upgrade existing training methodologies for DISCO AI systems.
- Develop procedures for measuring performance and quality of existing systems and proposed improvements.
- Interact with engineers and lawyers to identify opportunities for ML solutions.
- Participate in an agile environment with small, self-managed teams and a mature development process.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Hold an M.S. or Ph.D. in a field related to Machine Learning or have extensive work experience designing and deploying ML solutions at a reputable firm.
- Have previously published research on Deep Learning or related subjects, especially at premier academic conferences such as NIPS, ICML, or ACL.
- Have previously developed commercial or research prototypes using Deep Learning software frameworks such as Pytorch, Keras, Tensorflow, or Theano.
- Are intimately familiar with the latest research in some area of deep learning, such as NLP, text classification, language modeling, RL, or image processing.
- Are comfortable programming with Python and associated ML libraries.
- Have practical experience working with engineering teams to deliver commercial software products.
- Take charge of your work and own it from inception into production.
- Enjoy collaborating with product managers, data scientists and other engineers.
- Believe that the exciting part of working in technology is making the previously impossible possible.
You might work on:
- Prototyping DL architectures for text classification & document ranking.
- Auditing and improving existing supervised training processes for multi-modal document corpora in an active learning framework.
- Identifying business opportunities for applying Deep Learning in support of DISCO product initiatives and demonstrating feasibility.
Send an email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or submit your information via the form on our career page.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.