CS Disco Inc. is looking for an executive assistant and chief of staff to support our founder and CEO.
The role will be structured as an 18-month rotation with the option to either continue in the role after the rotation ends or transfer into a position of operational responsibility elsewhere in the company, depending on the candidate’s capabilities and interests. The role is also an appropriate precursor to business school or law school.
About the Company
DISCO is the world’s leading legal technology company.
Our offerings help great lawyers improve legal outcomes for their clients. Our goal is to automate away all the parts of the practice of law that don’t require human legal judgment, so that great lawyers can focus on doing what it is they went to law school to do. Our technology is used by corporate legal departments in every major vertical, from financial services, to pharmaceuticals, to aerospace, to technology, and by most leading law firms in the United States.
DISCO was founded in 2013 and is one of the fastest-growing enterprise startups in the United States. We have offices in Austin and London and a sales and services presence in most major U.S. cities. We have more than doubled in size each year since founding and have raised money from leading venture capitalists, including LiveOak Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, and the Stephens Group. We expect to continue on our trajectory of hyper-growth in 2019 and 2020, including opening offices in Asia, Europe, and Latin America to better serve our multinational clients.
- Logistics. Manage calendar, communications, travel, and access for the CEO, acting as a senior-level liaison both internally and externally. This includes working with senior-level counterparts at customers, partners, suppliers, and investors as well as with the CEO’s direct reports and other internal resources. This also includes reading, screening, and processing all email and calls directed to the CEO and using judgment to escalate issues to the CEO as appropriate.
- Communications. Prepare talking points and decks for all hands, senior staff, product, investor, and customer meetings and presentations at conferences and trade shows. Act as a sounding board for the CEO, including giving critical feedback on drafts and messaging and independently coming up with ideas for both content and presentation. This involves learning the CEO’s desired messaging and working to communicate that messaging as effectively as possible to a diverse set of audiences.
- Project Management. Manage projects internally, including following up with departments to ensure follow-through on CEO priorities, managing a list of projects in-flight with actionable next steps, and assembling data and input for the CEO.
- Meetings. Act as the CEO’s proxy in internal meetings as appropriate; manage agendas and take notes on discussion and action items at meetings that include the CEO, including senior staff, quarterly executive offsites, product meetings, and board meetings.
- Recruitment. Shepherd senior-level candidates through the interview and recruitment process at DISCO, including candidates for C-suite or VP-level roles as well as candidates for independent board seats.
- Personal Assistant. Manage all personal matters and relationships for the CEO.
- B.A. or equivalent college degree.
- Hardworking and detail-oriented, self-motivated, able to anticipate and head off problems before they arise and solve problems quickly when they do; willing to be available at all hours as needed.
- Absolute discretion, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
Compensation and Perks
- $60,000 - $100,000 per year starting salary plus discretionary bonus and stock options, depending on experience. We will be flexible with respect to compensation for the ideal candidate.
- Fully paid health insurance and unlimited PTO.