We are currently searching for an Accounting Manager to join the finance team. This position will have the responsibility to ensure accounts payable, fixed assets, prepaid, accruals and payroll are recorded timely and recognized in accordance with GAAP.
As the leading provider of SaaS developed by lawyers for lawyers, DISCO is reinventing legal technology to automate and simplify complex and error-prone tasks that distract from practicing law. DISCO has been embraced by more than400 law firms, including 75 of the top AmLaw 200, as their first choice for innovative technologies that enhance the practice of law to help secure justice and win cases.
Disco recently announced its global expansion with a new office in London to service law firms and corporate legal departments across the United Kingdom and Europe.
Disco raised a $20M equity financing earlier this year with Bessemer VenturePartners, LiveOak Venture Partners and The Stephens Group. All three were existingDISCO investors and with the latest round the total investment in DISCO is more than $50M.
Manage the payables process
- Ensure payables are approved, coded correctly and processed in accordance with the agreed upon terms;
- Reconcile corporate credit card statements and ensure receipts are submitted in a timely manner by credit card owners;
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Process bi-monthly payroll in the US and monthly payroll in UK;
- Ensure that employee data has been entered into payroll system for processing in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintain records supporting all payroll inputs (salary, salary changes, commissions, bonus, etc...).
Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Closing Activity
- Ensure that all non-revenue related balance sheet account reconciliations, such as, commission accrual, bonus accrual, sales tax, AP accrual, accounts payable, etc... are recorded in accordance with GAAP;
- Ensure expenses are timely booked properly in the appropriate department and GL line items in accordance with GAAP;
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to shorten the monthly close cycle;
- Assist in calculating commissions.
Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the development and compliance of accounting policies and procedures;
- Drive process improvements by working collaboratively and cross-functionally within and outside of Accounting.
- Maintain and update internal control and process documentation related payroll and payables.
- Coordinate audit requests for external audit as required.
- Perform other duties and projects related to role as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance CPA preferred
- 6+ years of related accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in payroll processing in the US and Internationally.
- Prior experience in fast moving/innovative SaaS technology environment
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and contribute to process improvement efforts
- “Can-do” attitude and strong connection to team success
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to quickly shift between task completion and frequent interruptions from internal clients/external customers
- Team player with the highest level of honesty and integrity Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
Disco is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Disco will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.