28 Jul DISCO Posts Record Q2 Revenue and Opens Engineering Office in Austin, Texas
Substantial quarter-over-quarter growth continues DISCO’s momentum as the fastest growing company in ediscovery
Legal technology company CS DISCO Inc. today announced a record 82% quarter-over-quarter revenue growth in second quarter 2015, as well as the opening of a new engineering office in Austin, Texas. DISCO’s next-generation SaaS solution continues to be the fastest-growing technology in ediscovery.
“This has been a phenomenal year of growth for DISCO,” said DISCO founder Kent Radford. “We’ve been adding leading law firms and enterprises at a record rate in the first half of 2015. The market is embracing DISCO’s vision of performant, easy-to-use ediscovery that does not require third-party services or technology.”
DISCO’s new Austin office at Plaza 7000 represents a major expansion of the DISCO’s engineering and development operations and will accommodate 12 new software engineers starting immediately. Austin is one of the best places in the country for tech talent and a natural location for DISCO to supplement their engineering operations with some of the country’s best software engineering personnel. DISCO’s new engineers include alumni of StoredIQ, Dell, BazaarVoice, and several Austin technology startups, five of whom bring a combined total of 100 years’ experience to solving the most challenging problems in big data technology.
“We’ve been able to attract great engineers because of the unique combination of our superior legal SaaS offering, outstanding leadership, innovative culture, and solid investment behind us,” said DISCO’s VP of Engineering and Product Development Keith Zoellner.
Some of the key drivers behind DISCO’s rapid growth and expansion are:
- A legal technology offering that outperforms the competition by 10x or more, delivers a consumer-grade user experience that is intuitive to lawyers and litigation support and requires minimal training and support, along with a SaaS delivery model that offers the best economics in the industry.
- Outstanding leadership with veteran technology-company executives in marketing, engineering, sales, and customer success, as well as alumni of AMLaw 200 firms and leading litigation boutiques in all departments.
- Innovative culture where engineers use the latest big-data technologies (Cassandra, Spark, Elasticsearch, Kafka) to deliver impactful solutions that materially improve the delivery of legal services in some of the largest and most complicated legal disputes in the world.
- Unique “Legal DNA” that permeates the entire DISCO team with a product developed by lawyers for lawyers, designed to work the way lawyers want to work.
- Solid funding from LiveOak Venture Partners, one of the largest venture capital firms in Texas, and Bessemer Venture Partners, one of the largest venture capital firms in the world. Eleven Bessemer-backed companies have made Initial Public Offerings since 2010.
Zoellner continued, “This has been an amazing year so far, and we are only just getting started. This expansion will be followed by major product announcements. Our new team in Austin will help ensure our rate of innovation remains unmatched as we continue to redefine the standard for legal technology”.
CS DISCO Inc. makes the best legal technology in the world. Since the introduction of its ediscovery solution in 2013, DISCO has become the first choice for innovative legal technology at more than 400 law firms, enterprises, and government units, including over 50 of the AmLaw 200. DISCO’s ediscovery solution lets lawyers find evidence up to 10x faster, even at a multi-terabyte scale, all without relying on third party technology or services.
Visit our website at www.csdisco.com and take a self-guided tour.