Public Relations & Analyst Relations Manager
Are you a wordsmith, passionate and energetic public relations professional? Are you able to cultivate strategic communication plans for various media platforms? Can you support the direction and vision for a developing brand for a next generation technology company?
DISCO is looking for a Public Relations Manager to help curate an ongoing communication with various media platforms. This person will be responsible for developing a plan for industry relations . You will work with DISCO’s VP of Marketing and Marketing team to bring ideas to the table and collaborate on the delivery of DISCO’s brand standards/marketing vision. Specifically, developing a consistent tone, vocabulary, and message across all external communications surrounding DISCO.
- Determine the plan for key communications assets – messaging, sales collateral, and white papers – and work with leaders in the company to create compelling content
- Handle reporter inquiries and secure presence in mainstream and niche media by developing relationships with reporters, pitching, and creating press releases
- Create a strong external presence through facilitating staff speaking at conferences, hosting events, etc.
- Ensure industry analyst are briefed on DISCO’s product, services, and solutions.
- Prospect and pitch stories to the business, legal, technology, trade and daily press
- Field and vet media inquiries for potential interviews with DISCO executives
- Draft press releases and external announcements
- Conduct a variety of research, including media outlets, reporters, editors, practice groups and industries, and peer law firms
- Prepare and distribute regular reports on media activities
- Ability to track progress and results in a way that works with the company’s data-driven culture
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (orally as well as in writing) with all levels of attorneys and staff
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who understands the details within a much larger content
- Curiosity about the legal technology and the ability to grasp the compelling elements of DISCO’s place against our competitors in the legal space.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-4 years journalism, PR agency or professional services experience
- Demonstrated ability to write effective press releases, pitches and media summaries
- At least 3 years of public relations and/or media relations experience including current press relationships;
- Experience prospecting for and pitching potential stories
- Prior experience working with various forms of media, including print, electronic and social media
- Knowledge of various media platforms in which attorneys can obtain visibility, including electronic media
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and concisely in writing and orally
- Excellent organization, project management and communication skills required
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or submit your information via the form on our career page.