Data Services Associate
We seek a customer-focused individual with a strong ediscovery data processing skills to join DISCO’s growing Services team. In this role, you will consult with customers to prepare data for legal review in DISCO, provide assistance to end users throughout the legal discovery process, troubleshoot technical issues, and guide customers to use the DISCO platform optimally. You will also provide critical technical input to the Engineering team to diagnose and address platform issues and prioritize enhancements to the product.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for solving problems and creating highly satisfied customers. The role requires sufficient technical skill to understand and address data file issues, identify and navigate network problems, and diagnose issues. The role also requires the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical users, helping them meet their discovery deadlines.
- Work at an exciting and rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company with a unique platform in the Legal industry.
- We use the latest customer service systems and workplace collaboration tools.
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment.
- Many high-profile clients offer a rewarding challenge for people who love to make clients happy.
- Coordinates the processing, loading and exporting of data to and from DISCO matters.
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues encountered while working with load files, image files and native files.
- Ability to work with ediscovery vendors for such tasks as data collection and data processing; particularly the ability to review work performed, identify problems and work toward resolutions.
- Facilitates the administration and tracking of client data and performs periodic audits of same to ensure that DISCO is in-line with client’s case requirements and data retention policies.
- Work with engineering, project managers and other groups within DISCO to resolve technical problems and/or client concerns.
- Accurately log and classify issues to provide complete information for Engineering interventions, product improvements, reporting, and other needs within DISCO.
- Analyzes and remediates systems or network problems related to DISCO.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities under stressful circumstances.
- Proactively contributes to improvements in documentation and our product.
- Help defines business and technical requirements for improving the day to day activities of Technical Success.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures for creating, updating and resolving tickets. Proactively monitors open tickets, contact customers and provide updates on a timely basis.
- Advises DISCO customers on how to best leverage the tool. This will involve the ability to analyze client’s needs and determine the appropriate course of action, including identifying opportunities for smart workarounds when necessary.
- Contributes to DISCO’s mission to consistently improve its image both internally and externally.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of DISCO as well as external clients and vendors via written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of a variety of legacy and current litigation specific software tools; particularly data processing platforms such as Ipro eCapture and LAW.
- Knowledge of industry standards in regards to ediscovery deliverables (load files, images, natives, etc.).
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Microsoft Access, their design and use is required.
- Knowledge of SQL and basic programming
- Knowledge of various data storage methodologies, data collections, data processing and methods of effective electronic production.
- Knowledge of EDRM, including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical to non-technical audiences on the the life-cycle of litigation information.
- Strong interest in technology with excellent problem-solving skills, with initiative to research and craft creative technical solutions.
- Ability to handle high stress situations and deal successfully with conflict.
- Ability to accurately determine client’s requirements and take ownership of client requests.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) in order to interact effectively with coworkers and clients.
- Attention to detail, strong organization and client-service orientation skills.
Required Experience / Educations:
- Bachelors Degree: in Technology, Business, Legal or related fields; or significant relevant experience.
- Prior experience in legal preferable in a litigation support capacity highly preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years experience with legal technologies, including at least three (3) in an advisory capacity, preferably in a law firm environment.
- Prior ediscovery vendor experience a plus.
To apply, send an email with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your information via the form on our career page.